During this 12 week College Essay Help course, you will learn how to write an expository essay by using the writing process (pre-writing, drafting, editing, proofreading and publishing) infused with the six traits of ideas, organization, voice, word choice, sentence fluency, and conventions along with meaningful and relevant grammar activities designed to make you a better writer.
Intelligently simple, this College Essay Help course was written using research based fundamentals to teach writing in an easy to use and easy to understand format.
You can expect:
1. To use the writing process to compose each essay.
2. Essays will first focus on organization and conventions and then turn to incorporating more mature word choice and voice.
3. Grammar will focus on using words appropriately in the writing.
4. Multimedia, Online activities and College Essay Help writing service
5. Use of graphic organizers and outlines
6. A Midterm and Final Exam
7. Full answer keys, self-evaluation checklists and teacher- evaluation tools.
Week One, Day 1
Welcome! We are going to get started right away with learning the writing process. The writing process is what all good authors use to create a piece of writing. Please use the College Essay Help to learn all about it and fill in this worksheet as you go.
Now, get ready to use the writing process to take a pre-test!
DIRECTIONS: Summer break is now over. Do you think summer break is long enough or should it be longer? Write a paragraph to explain your opinion.
Week One, Day 2
As you know, in order for a sentence to really be a sentence, it must have both a subject AND a predicate. You must be able to write correctly formed sentences in your pieces of work.
- What is the definition of subject?
- What is the definition of predicate?
Now please go online and go to:
- http://www.quia.com/rr/508453.html to review subjects
- http://www.quia.com/rr/508461.html to review predicates
Finally, answer the following questions by identifying the underlined words as either subject or predicate.
- Writing is so much fun!
- It is fun because you can explore many ideas.
- Free-writing is one way to get your ideas out on paper.
- Of course, a wise student also needs to learn how to write essays.
- This is because the wise student will want to attend college where essays are required.
- Or it could be because the wise student knows that he/she will need to write for their career.
- Either way, one can see why writing is important.